Name of Company: Catherine Cossey Piano Tuition
Location: Finham, Coventry
Deadline for application: Monday 6th March 2017
Interview date: Thursday 16th March 2017
Start date of job: Monday 27th March 2017
Hours: 9.75 hours a week, 27th March to 18th July 2017 – applicants must be able to work Monday and Friday afternoons / evenings
Salary: dependent on experience and qualifications
To apply: please email email@example.com to request an application form
Catherine Cossey Piano Tuition (CCPT) is a flourishing piano school in Coventry. We believe learning to play the piano should be an inspirational, enjoyable and collaborative process and are committed to developing creative, self-motivated and accomplished musicians who delight in discovering more about music. Our vision is to impact the future of piano teaching through the creation of a music community that provides momentum, support and encouragement to its members. We are looking for innovative, passionate piano teachers to join our growing team. The role involves planning and delivering high quality piano lessons to students of all ages and abilities. The job will appeal to proficient pianists who are energetic, creative and passionate about impacting the future of instrumental teaching.
Main responsibilities of the job:
- Plan and deliver high quality lessons that are appropriate to the level, age and development track of individual students, including both classical and contemporary music.
- Continue the development of personal playing and teaching skills through study, practice and course attendance.
- Be involved in developing innovative curriculum and resources in collaboration with management and other teaching staff.
Essential skills/qualifications include:
A high standard of piano playing (Grade 8 equivalent or above)
Good communication skills, in both spoken and written English
The ability to work in a team
Experience in working with children
Preferred skills/qualifications include:
Music degree or Music diploma
Experience in performing a variety of musical styles
A clean driving license and access to a car
Previous experience in piano/music teaching is preferred but not necessary as support and mentoring will be provided. Applicants must be willing to develop as teachers, undergo training and, where appropriate, work towards gaining qualifications. Applicants must also be willing to undergo appropriate DBS checks.
Rewards of the job
- Work in community with other teachers
- Be involved in weekly staff meetings to discuss issues
- Have access to regular mentoring, training and CPD opportunities
- Teach in a fully equipped school with access to all teaching resources needed for the job, including a comprehensive piano curriculum, acoustic and digital pianos, books, games, percussion instruments and other materials
- Have the opportunity to focus on teaching without the burden of being self-employed
- Receive a monthly salary that reflects the time spent on planning lessons, developing yourself as a musician and creating resources, as well as teaching.