As part of the Chance to Dance team, provide pastoral care for the students and support the Chance to Dance practitioner. The CTD Assistant will be the main point of contact for parents` questions and queries. They will act as ambassadors for the Chance to Dance programme promoting its values of good practice and access to ballet and The Royal Opera.
Essential Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Training in ballet and good knowledge of ballet technique, repertoire and performance
- Keen interest developing skills to deliver ballet classes for children using a creative approach and teaching dance projects in primary schools
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills especially when working with children, parents, teachers and colleagues
- Excellent organization skills and able to use Microsoft Office.
- Willingness to contribute ideas to the planning of sessions
- Willingness to act as an ambassador for the Royal Opera House and the Chance to Dance programme and have a shared commitment to the vision of broadening access to dance and ballet
This role is offered on a casual PAYE basis of £80.00 fee per session (based on a three-hour call that includes holiday pay at an equivalent of 12.1% pro rata). Planning sessions and planning meetings are paid at £15 per hour.
While the work is offered on a casual basis, we are looking for applicants who will be available to accept work over the period September 2016 to August 2017 initially.
How to apply
Please see our website for the full job description www.roh.org.uk . If you are interested in the position and fit the person specification, please send through your current CV and covering letter explaining why we should consider you for the position, along with any other supporting documents you wish to include. Please email to firstname.lastname@example.org 8am, Monday 4 July 2016.
Please provide details of two professional references
If you are shortlisted, we will require you to attend an interview.
Closing date for applications: 8am, Monday 4 July 2016
Shortlist candidates notified: Week commencing Monday 11 July
Interviews: Week commencing Monday 25 July 2016
Starting date: Friday 2 September 2016