Salary: depends on experience
Start date: as soon as possible
Location: NW5, Kentish Town
Right to work: candidates must have the right to work in the UK.
Rankin made his name in publishing, co-founding Dazed & Confused with Jefferson Hack in 1991. He has created landmark editorial and advertising campaigns for some of the most celebrated publications, biggest brands and pioneering charities. He has published over 30 books and is exhibited in galleries around the world.
Rankin Photography is looking for a talented and hands-on in-house production designer to work with our creative and production departments to create sets for high profile clients in studio and on location. Reporting to Rankin and the creative director, this role requires both creative and practical skills.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- taking initial creative and convert into a set of achievable and realistic concepts
- being a key part of the pre–production process – meeting with clients to pitch, explain, develop and budget production designs
- scouting locations
- sourcing props and set dressing
- constructing and installing sets
- set management during shoots
- breaking-down sets
- working with shoot producer to reconcile expenditure against budget
- developing industry supplier contacts
- feeding creative ideas to Rankin and the creative director
Essential skills and experience:
- excellent visual awareness and design skills, including experience using CAD and Adobe software
- fabrication skills, including joinery, metalwork, paint effects and spray finishes and electrics
- excellent management and leadership skills
- good industry contacts
- ability to prioritise and to meet deadlines
- good communication and presentation skills
- knowledge of the requirements of the health and safety legislation and procedures
- full UK driving license
Application deadline: 15 July 2016
How to apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with ‘your name – production designer’ in the subject field, attaching a CV and cover letter.
Candidates unable to prove their right to work in the UK will not be shortlisted.
Please note that we are unable to respond to every application due to the volume received. Only successful candidates will be contacted.