About: Strip Wax Bar and Lingerie Boutiques. Strip is an exciting, dynamic retail and beauty company that has been growing rapidly over the past decade. In addition to a luxurious service environment, each of the 7 Strip Boutiques offer an extensive range of sought after lingerie, swimwear and active wear along with high performance skincare brands. Strip has a fast-paced working culture with real team spirit and provides all employees with a great package.
Assistant Branded Buyer / Assistant Merchandiser- Fashion
(Premium Lingerie, Swimwear, Active wear & Skincare
We are looking for a dynamic and entrepreneurial Assistant Buyer who has existing branded fashion experience, along with exposure to ecommerce. You should have solid commercial skills and be excellent in analytics, data imputing and data analysis, but also possess a creative side that drives your passion for building an inspirational multi-brand product range that will sell.
You will have amazing attention to detail and technical competencies. You will possess tough negotiation skills and always take an innovative approach to problem solving. This is a fantastic opportunity for a bright, honest and self-motivated person who wants take the next step in their career. Strip is a fast growing business with more boutique openings in the pipeline; this position will give you the ability to develop professionally and help grow within your field.
- Responsible for buying all the retail lines that each Strip boutique holds.
- Managing the distribution plan that will ensure the correct stock and amounts arrive to all boutiques.
- Creating and amending all purchase orders to go out to suppliers
- Ensuring our Accounts department have all correct paper work to match incoming invoices
- Creating SKU’s in the system for all new product lines
- Ensure all new stock is counted in and matches to the paperwork, distributed correctly, priced, security tagged and entered into the system
- Dealing with Supplies to ensure we get the best price and deliveries arrive on time.
- Constantly analyse performance and plans to look for sales and margin opportunities
- Identifying bestsellers and slow lines, moving stock
- Produce forecasts and sales and stock analysis
- Working with the directors to develop a seasonal buying strategy
- Working closely with marketing and ensure all images and enrichment is up to date on the website
- Devise seasonal strategic plans for sales, markdowns, inventory, and growth opportunities
- Monitor and minimise all losses and gains and ensuring loss prevention standards are upheld
- Ensure the Standard Operating Procedures are bring followed at all times
- The candidate will ideally have a strong analytical back ground with excellent Microsoft Excel skills- someone who likes numbers and data!
- Previous experience as a branded Assistant Buyer or an Assistant Merchandiser with an eye for product within a fashion or beauty brand
- Experience in Merchandising and E-commerce (particularly Word Press and Woo Commerce) would be an advantage
- Attention to detail is a must
- Experience in managing the OTB
- Previous experience in sourcing brands and negotiating with suppliers
- Understand the importance of forecasting, sales and stock analysis
Must be a highly organised character, with the ability to prioritise tasks appropriately whilst working under pressure.
Be entrepreneurial, with an ambition to succeed and develop a longstanding buying career.
Have studied a relevant field at degree level or equivalent.