- This role is based at our offices in Oakham, Rutland, UK and is ONLY OPEN to people with a permanent right to live and work in the UK.
- This position is being offered on a fixed-term basis until the end of January 2017. There is the possibility that the contract may be extended but we cannot confirm that at present.
- Work closely with Producers, educational consultants, programmers, graphic artists and voiceover artists to modify existing and create new educational multimedia, ranging from activities to digital manipulatives
- The content is designed for Foundation to KS2 in the subject areas of English, Science, Maths, Computing, Learn English and Foreign Languages
- This is a full-time contract role 39 hours per week with ½ for lunch each day
- Salary: in line with experience
- Creating specification documents for graphic artists and programmers
- Writing scripts for voiceover artists
- Assisting with Quality Control issues
- Ensure activity standards are met
- Creating content within the parameters set by the curriculum and school environment
- Managing content upgrades and assisting technically when possible
- Coordinating projects and managing timescales and deadlines
- Assisting with the upkeep of process and planning documents
- Managing the localisation of content for different regions or languages
- Ensure there is a hand-over of key responsibilities if off sick or on holiday
- Personal responsibility for meeting the goals highlighted in your 6 monthly staff review and during ongoing dialogue
- Contribute to the peer review process of other team projects
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to your skill levels from time to time to meet the needs of the business
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia or related field; or 2 years’ experience in a multimedia position
- A portfolio demonstrating multimedia projects
Skills & Competencies – Essential:
- Intermediate Flash knowledge and/or HTML5
- Basic understanding of AS2/AS3 skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken. Have the ability to communicate remotely and knowledge of technical forms of communication (i.e. Skype, webinar, screen-share etc.)
- Strong organisational skills
- High creativity, be able to think outside of the box and have original ideas
- Good self-management skills and the ability work collaboratively in a team
- Problem solving skills along with thorough testing of work
- Ability to work to briefs to create educational multimedia based on curriculum objectives
- An interest in education and education media.
Skills & Competencies – Desirable:
- Audio editing using software such as Audacity
- Basic understanding of XML
- Ability to speak/write Spanish or French
EducationCity is a leading developer and publisher of educational content, with offices in Oakham, Rutland, and a sales base in the USA as part of Edmentum, the world’s largest specialist online educational company. Since its foundation in 1999, EducationCity has remained passionate about its product offering. It is used and trusted by thousands of subscribing schools in the UK alone, as part of their everyday teaching. Dedicated to creating new ways of delivering curriculum content, recognised with awards by educationalists and adored by children everywhere, EducationCity pioneers the evolution of teaching with technology in the new digital learning era.
In return for your time, talents and commitment, we offer you a fantastic working environment in a friendly team and subsidised, delicious catering as well as free fruit at lunchtime! At 100 employees, we’re big enough to provide the benefits of working in a professional environment where excellence is the norm, but small enough to care about each individual. You will receive free life-cover from day one of service, for four times your salary, and income protection cover. You will also have the opportunity to be included in a health-care cash plan, and you will be enrolled in the company pension scheme in your first full month, in line with auto enrolment. Annual leave is 23 days per full holiday-year plus bank holidays, with company sick pay after 6 months in service. We also offer length of service holiday bonuses and free on-site parking.
Apply Now: http://www.indeed.co.uk/cmp/EducationCity-Ltd/jobs/Assistant-Multimedia-Producer-746f49bd6a6ea2e5?sjdu=QwrRXKrqZ3CNX5W-O9jEvTqFq4Oqd8O6JhwAMfTdfbDWP1bl9_zqyfyHkv0bvhBjIoDuJvu-m5j036Z1_iV4aD9GBQB8_YMPrJjk8Y-A8Ixmiojf79Yu2OTws7NDW-4m