With over 10 years’ experience and a strong team of collaborators, Paul Cocksedge Studio has developed a unique reputation for thoroughly original and innovative design, underpinned by research into the limits of technology, materials and manufacturing processes.
We are looking for an experienced freelance copywriter to become part of our team of highly motivated collaborators working in a fast-paced and demanding environment. The successful applicant is a flexible and adaptable writer who is used to producing quality copy with quick turnarounds.
- to collaborate creatively with the whole Paul Cocksedge Studio team, and particularly with the studio directors Paul Cocksedge and Joana Pinho
- to be able to produce a wide range of different texts as required, from press releases to expressions of interest, web copy to captions
- to produce high quality copy in a short time-frame, and to collaborate in a flexible and creative way with team members to produce further drafts as required
- the position requires candidates with some proven experience in copywriting; with a basic understanding of modern design, materials and processes; and with the ability to familiarise themselves with Paul Cocksedge’s past and present work
- with the nature of the work we do, it is vital that the candidate is able to attend meetings at the studio in Hackney, E9, on what is often quite short notice; also to be flexible enough to accept that the hours worked can vary from month to month (the average at the moment is three-four hours p/m)
- the candidate must be comfortable working within a fast-moving team environment and have the confidence to collaborate on both small and large scale projects, to solve problems effectively, and to prioritise and follow through on projects
- the candidate must have the ability to work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation and initiative
- time-management skills are essential as well as the ability to work on high pressure projects and meet tight deadlines
This is a freelance position and the hourly fee will be subject to agreement. All payments are by monthly invoice. Applicants must currently be London-based (ideally within 30 minutes from E9) with a valid working visa and available to work at Paul Cocksedge Studio from early July 2016.
Application deadline: 4 July 2016
How to apply
If you are interested in this role please send your CV, samples of work (not larger than 3MB) and a covering letter explaining your suitability for the position and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org under the subject ‘freelance creative copywriter’.