This is a 6 month internship paying £1,500/ month with the intention of converting to a permanent job. You must have the right to work in the UK to apply for this role.
How can you expect to spend your day?
You will join the company as a Product Analyst and work closely with both the Product Development and Finance Team to help investigate the viability of new products and commercial opportunity.
Tasks you can expect to learn about and undertake include:
- Work closely with the Finance and Management Team when reviewing investment opportunities, analysing the financial implication of taking new investment i.e. learning how to review the return on investment (ROI) involved and allow the company to make an informed decision.
- Work with the new product team to analyse the business implications from launching a new company product and service internally e.g. what skills would be required, new hires, tools, software and the costs/ impact these things would have on the business in comparison to the extra revenue it would bring.
- Get involved with strategy meetings and help evaluate the business case for new acquisitions e.g. of a competitor or capital investment.
- Evaluate specific areas of the business and measure these in isolation e.g. what is the ROI of a given business service in a given location?
- Help evaluate commercial terms for all relevant parties (external and internal).
The ideal intern’s personality and qualifications are:
The ideal candidate for this position is a numerate graduate looking to develop knowledge and skills in a commercial or business analyst position.
Desired skills, experience and personality:
- Educated to degree level, degree types of interest include Maths, Engineering or Finance and Accounting would be of interest but not pre-requisites.
- Any prior education, understanding or work experience in business or financial analysis would be beneficial.
- A high level of numeracy.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel.
- A high attention to detail is a necessity.
- A personable, approachable and friendly manner.
- Someone able to learn new concepts and ideas quickly.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Someone comfortable dealing with different areas of the business on a regular basis.
- The ability to follow business processes carefully and without ambiguity.
What are the perks of interning at this company?
- After recently being acquired by a larger, international firm, this is a fantastic time to be joining the business as it’s set for continues growth and success on an international scale.
- This is a really innovative company, disrupting an established marketplace and already having success with major brands from within the industry.
- Work with a team of 20 in the London office shared by the parent company who themselves have another 20+ people in the office making it a vibrant working atmosphere.
- The office has an Xbox, PS4, drinks, snacks and the team go for lunch on Fridays.
Looking to kick start your graduate career? Look no further! Inspiring Interns is the UK’s leading graduate recruitment agency, connecting the best graduates with top companies worldwide. We work with everyone from the most innovative start-ups to the biggest multinationals, including Virgin, Lloyds, and M&C Saatchi Mobile. Please take a look at our website for the latest graduate jobs vacancies and careers advice.