Junior Graphic Designer
We are seeking a Junior Graphic Designer to join our Workplace Design team. The ideal candidate is a positive, creative individual with the ability to work across multiple platforms essentially print, desk top publishing, pre-production Layout etc. to create visual materials that compellingly communicate the firm’s value to our clients and the market. In this role you will produce brochures, presentation layouts using our graphic templates for the interior designers and architects within the department. The Graphic Designer will collaborate with other design professionals to effectively communicate a range of ideas, messages, and concepts to both external and internal audiences.
This role is a 3 month rolling contract up to 12 months.
Responsible for the layout design and production of the deliverables created in the design department, as well as interfacing with project teams to make sure that their project deliverables reflect the Gensler brand and a high level of graphic design quality.
- Using our kit-of-parts design templates for process books, presentations, boards, banners, etc. to enable the creation of high-quality materials efficiently
- Reviews marketing materials (proposals, presentations, qualifications, brochures) for design quality
- Develops information graphics to help to showcase our design process
- Creates special graphic elements for marketing proposals and presentations
- Upon request, works with members of the project team to make sure that their deliverables reflect a high level of graphic design quality, as well as the Gensler brand
- On a billable basis, designs project deliverable materials for project teams, as needed
- Takes the lead in coordinating the graphic design efforts for internal special projects such as events, parties, receptions, all staff meetings, board meetings, poster programs, and training programs
- Software : Adobe InDesign, After Effects, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Publishing Suite, MS PowerPoint, Adobe Acrobat Graphic Design: able to design graphically compelling materials that reflect our messages and identity
- Templating: ability to storyboard presentations and animations and to compose page layout
- Client/customer service: understanding of marketing as a service to the office
- Teamwork: works well as a member of a team, pitches in to help out others
- Communications: ability to speak and write clearly
- Efficiency: ability to work quickly and under pressure Skills & Understanding: must have a keen interest in Print production and Desk Top Publishing
To apply, submit the following:
1. An electronic copy of your CV (PDF)
2. Cover letter indicating your particular interests in Gensler’s disciplines or practice areas
3. An electronic sample of your work (PDF, 4MB max.) or link to online portfolio. Please do not use links to Dropbox as these cannot be opened on our system.