Our mission is to transform mathematics education in the UK. We work in partnership to empower and equip schools to deliver world-class mathematics teaching.
Mathematics Mastery is a professional development programme for teachers, inspired by approaches from Singapore and Shanghai. Our programme aims to improve pupils’ understanding, enjoyment and attainment in maths.
Originally established in 2011, we have grown steadily over the last five years. We now work with 2,000 teachers from 265 schools to deliver the Mathematics Mastery programme, who then teach over 60,000 pupils with lessons designed and developed by us. The ‘mastery’ concept has now gained significant prominence, and this is an exciting time to expand our communications team.
To maximise our impact and achieve our strategic aims, we must communicate efficiently and effectively with a variety of audiences. The purpose of this role is to raise awareness of Mathematics Mastery, drive partnership growth, and strengthen our communications activities across a range of platforms.
You will play a pivotal role in developing and implementing our marketing strategy, enabling us to increase the number of schools we work with year on year. The role will also include a range of broader communications activities, including media relations, stakeholder relations, content generation, story building and news gathering.
The successful candidate will have experience in a fast-paced communications, PR or marketing environment. You must be able to demonstrate your ability to think creatively and strategically. We will want to see evidence of your ability to engage with different audiences, and your keen eye for news generation and profile-raising opportunities.
- Support the development and delivery of an effective communications and marketing strategy, to support broader organisational objectives and growth.
- Monitoring and measuring the results of marketing and communications activities
- Build our media profile to generate quality coverage across a range outlets.
- Build strong relationships with relevant media contacts, proactively seeking out opportunities for comment and stories.
- Take the lead on story gathering, working with colleagues across teams to stay up to date with organisational news and developments.
- Build strong relationships with our partnership of schools, funders and other relevant organisations.
- Draft press releases, blog posts, case studies, partnership updates and other high quality copy for a range of audiences.
Ark is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our academies. In order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. This process is outlined here, but can be provided in more detail if requested. All successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
Apply here: https://www.charityjob.co.uk/jobs/communications-officer-press-and-marketing-/450870?tsId=2&referrerIsJobSearch=True&returnUrl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.charityjob.co.uk%2Fjobs%2FEast%20Anglia%3Fpage%3D28&rid=54&utm_source=Indeed&utm_medium=%20aggregator%20&utm_campaign=organic