Our client is one of the UK’s leading manufacturers of upholstered furniture. The Design assistant role requires an ability to work as part of a close-knit team, flexibility to deal with varied tasks and responsibilities, in addition to the key accountabilities which assist in the running of the department.
Working closely with the design team, customers, and the New Product Development department, the position requires good verbal and written communication skills, along with attention to detail, and good organisational skills.
- Produce storyboards, file, and scan and document all design and fabric references.
- Update and create design briefs in PLM to support senior designer.
- General artwork using Photoshop and Illustrator. Creating storyboards, foot masters, product rendering and product plans.
- To support fabric selector with creating new fabric masters and chasing fabrics when required
- To support the senior designer and junior designer when required.
- Maintain and update the sketch design log, and customer business development files.
- Create trend packs for internal and external customer with support from a design consultancy and design team.
- Market research presentations. Which is supported by web analysis, comp shops, trend data and magazine to identify gaps in the market and trends for future developments.
- Being an ambassador for the sofa lab – through the sofa net, blogs, engaging with customers etc.
- Create foot master boards and update throughout the business.
- Create a showroom experience when customers visit new products. Maintain the showroom so it is presentable on all occasions
Job Requirements :
- Good verbal and written communication skills are essential.
- Good organisational and presentation skills.
- Presentation boards have to be of a great standard taking into consideration composition, balance and color schemes.
- Creative background is vital and needs to be focused in every aspect of the job to demonstrate product leadership.
- Ability to create and maintain administrative procedures and ensure information is accurate.
- Photoshop and illustrator skills would be preferable as well as AutoCAD.
- £16,000 – £18,000 depending on experience
- 22 days hol plus BH
- Auto Enrolment Pension Scheme 1%/1%
- 37.5 hours per week
- 2 x salary death in service
- Sick Pay
- Child Care Vouchers
- Company Work wear (free issue)
- Loyalty Awards
- Option to join Bike to Work Scheme after 1 year
To apply please forward your CV detailing all relevant experience, skills and qualifications you feel are applicable to this role.
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: £18,000.00 /year