This role is as an embedded designer for one of our largest pharmaceutical clients. The work will be client-based design projects with The Moment providing management, direction and organisational support.
Working as part of a wider team you will be tasked with designing across the full project lifecycle. You will be an enthusiastic, self-motivated and innovative designer. You must have a strong portfolio that demonstrates expertise across digital, graphic design, typography, and navigation. You must have a passion for current technologies, design and an active interest in all things digital.
You will be used to working with clients and have the ability to really understand our brand values. You will work alongside project managers, developers and other designers to ensure effective solutions are delivered to clients by understanding their needs, meeting requirements and producing high quality projects on time and in budget.
You will also be client-facing and play a role in client and stakeholder management. Design work will be primarily with our client’s company, as well as supporting their new business team in creating outstanding pitch design creative.
- responsible for creating and designing visual content for responsive websites, apps, digital and print materials
- to be involved in a full project life-cycle from conception to deployment
- to implement design briefs and deliver outstanding solutions whilst pro-actively ensuring design intelligence and brand compliance are built into the internal engagement team’s initiatives
- to work closely with project managers, ensuring projects are delivered on time, to budget and exceed client expectations
- to work and experiment with new ideas, technologies and design trends
- ability to problem solve and be creative in delivering design solutions
- assist with the development, preparation and delivery of creative proposals and pitches, generating storyboards and example designs
- develop the visual bank and ensure the most popular items are readily available to the teams we support
- the ability to develop and deliver a number of visual styles whilst ensuring all work across the communications cadence is on brand and compliant with brand guidelines.
- advise communications colleagues on the smart use of design to increase impact and reduce cost and complexity
- wireframing, storyboarding and prototyping for web, digital and video projects
The complexity of working in a global role requires a sensitivity to many different cultures and social, economic and environmental issues and the implications on what and how to communicate with sensitivity, influence and impact – both internally and externally.
This will be a dynamic, fast moving environment and you will need:
- strong project management skills
- ability to work quickly and effectively, making sound decisions
- a broad digital and communication capability and natural ‘team attitude’
Please note that the above list is not exhaustive and you may be required to undertake additional duties of a similar responsibility level as and when required.
Competencies (talent specification)
Education and experience – essential:
- a strong portfolio of work showcasing conceptual abilities and a mastery of layout, typography and user interface design
- creative interactive agency experience
- a degree in design or relevant experience
Knowledge – essential:
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop
- responsive web design and multi-touch devices
- print design and experience of the print process
- working knowledge of HTML and CSS
Unique skills – essential:
- strong conceptual thinking
- exceptional talent for design
- pitching experience
Personal attributes – essential:
- enthusiastic and self-motivated
- excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- excellent communication skills
- creative and adaptable
- a passion for continual development, to keep abreast of current design trends and new technologies
Other requirements – essential:
- ability to work with developers and collaborate with other designers
Our core values – essential:
- desire to be brilliant
- keenness to make ambition a reality
- willingness to be daring
- ability to foster a team and family spirit
Over time, this job description/talent specification may be subject to change as the duties and role evolve.
Application deadline: 16 July 2016
How to apply
Applications in the form of a CV and covering letter should be sent to Claire Beney at firstname.lastname@example.org.